This is my blog about the trials and tribulations of setting up our web site.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Using articles to create links, running the numbers

Short post, just running the numbers. Say there are 250 article sites out there. You write 10 good articles and submit them. That is (250 sites x 10 articles) 2500 links back to your site. Say each article is reprinted 10 times on other sites from each source over time (250 sites x 10 articles x 10 reprints) that is 25,000 links back to your site for a total of (25,000 on other sites + 2,500 on article sites) for a total of 27,500 links back. Hmmmm .... that sounds like a lot to me. I think they would have to be great articles though to get those numbers.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or write 1 good article for 1 popular site and get 10,000 links :D

9:48 p.m.

 
Blogger JavaRoasters said...

Or write 1 good article for 1 popular site and get 10,000 links

Most of us aren't that good. Your blog has 1278 links coming into it, mine has 8. :(

I think I am going to write an article, "How to make a pretty osCommerce site" :D

9:42 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that would work. I have yet to find a succinct and informative articles on how to properly style an oscommerce site- there are a few commercial ebooks, a couple forum threads, but no article.

9:20 a.m.

 
Blogger JavaRoasters said...

I think I will leave that article up to you, you are good at writing them. What looks good is very subjective so writing one would be difficult. I think one on each section of it on "How to modify it" would be useful.

I am slowly working on an article on the History of Coffee which will be about 3 pages long when finished. I think I might put that one up on article sites and see how it goes. It is more my forte.

10:18 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home