This is my blog about the trials and tribulations of setting up our web site.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Got any plans for the summer?

This summer I plan to spend working on the web site (and hopefully get some biking in also). On top of the usual "tweeking" of the web site I plan on writing 100 articles about coffee. If submitted to 250 article sites that should give me at least 25,000 links back to the site.

The articles will mostly link to the main site Bean Coffee Shop but some of them will be specifically for products (such as Colombian Coffee) or for specific customers (such as North 44). Creating articles specifically for these sub pages should give their ranking a big boost. I think by creating an article about the History of Colombian Coffee and using that keyword rich text to link directly back to the "Colombian Coffee" page on my site it will be a big boost in the ranking for that keyword considering that product page will now have at least 250 direct incoming links to it.

With most linking stategies (mine included so far) almost all the anchor text and links go directly to the main page and with the same keywords (Bean Coffee Shop) and ALL the other pages feed off of the main pages links. By doing it this way I can have at least (22 products x 250) 5500 links to my product pages, (5 x 250) 1250 links to my categories, (12 x 250) 3000 links to the Our Customers section and countless more to the "Ask Mr Coffee" content section of our site. Heck, I could even redo our Privacy Pages and put those up as an article directly linking to them or write an article about "How to write FAQ pages" and link those to our FAQ section.

The list could go on but the point is that by the end of this summer to have all the articles done and submitted. It should keep me busy on my long weekends up at the cottage and hopefully I will still find time to get some biking in.

This is on top of the normal links I try to create by submitting to directories, posting in coffee forums and also on Google Groups.

The other ongoing goal is to work on the conversion rate for the site which is pathetic at the momment. I am trying some subtle changes to the main page and checking the results on a weekly basis, then trying something new. It is all a work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home